4th of July BBQ Menu
- 1.Spinach Strawberry Salad w Balsamic Poppy Seed Dressing
- 2.Grilled Chicken Kebob (w zucchini and red peppers)
- 3.Baked Potato
- 4.No Mayo Slaw
- 5.Watermelon Slices
1. Spinach Strawberry Salad (bag of spinach leaves, 8 strawberries cut in slices, toss with Balsamic Poppy Seed Dressing). Balsamic Poppy Seed Dressing (1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1Tb. poppy seeds, 5T canola oil, 1/2cup balsamic vinegar, 1tsp dried minced onion, pinch of salt).
2. Grilled Chicken Kebob (marinade chicken chunks, zucchini, red pepper, and onion chunks in bottled gluten free Italian dressing (such as Pfeiffer's). Place on stainless steel skewers and grill.
3. Baked Potato- do I have to tell you how to do this, you really can't get this one wrong- bake it in the oven or wrap it in foil and throw it on the grill. Be patient (can take 45min to 1 hr) depending on temp.
4. No Mayo Slaw (bagged shredded cabbage tossed with homemade no mayo dressing) I like to add celery and craisins as well. No Mayo Dressing (1/4 cup distilled white vinegar, 2T canola oil, 3T sugar, pinch of salt and pepper) .
5. Watermelon- Watermelon tends to be less allergenic than other melons such as cantaloupe and honeydew. My son was allergic to cantaloupe and honeydew but tolerated watermelon beautifully.
This post contains affiliate links, which help to support kosherfoodallergies.blogspot.com.