As we all know, Passover products can drain the wallet quickly.
What can we do to keep those bills from skyrocketing?
Here are a few moneysaving tips:
- Prepare lists in advance (based on anticipated needs)
- Shop around for best prices (scope out the prospects before purchasing)
- Buy wholesale when possible (case orders, kosher food coop, split case orders with friends/family)
- Don't overbuy (who wants to be stuck w 4 cans of potato starch after Passover)- many stores will not accept returns on Passover Products after Passover
- Purchase items that don't require special Passover certification whenever possible
- Potatoes are cheap, filling and very versatile
- Fruits and vegetables aren't cheap but are still cheaper than specialty Passover foods
- Buy in bulk (potatoes, eggs especially)
- Make as much from scratch as possible (Passover prepared foods will always be much more expensive)
- Forget about Pesach hotels (even the start up costs of making Pesach for the 1st time will be cheaper)